Recipe Ayam Masak Merah Tomato II
Ayam Masak Merah Tomato, a recipe from my mother-in-law. Variation is the sour taste of tomatoes and a bit of sweetness from peas. Best eaten with Nasi Tomato and Acar Mentah and is sure to be a crowd favorite if served in a special ceremony.
- Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Total: 40 minutes
- 1/2 chicken, cut into medium sized parts
- 1 small can of peas
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1 ladle of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 stalk lemon grass, crushed
- For grinding:
- 1 large fresh tomato
- 10-15 dried chilies, remove seeds and boiled for short time
- 2 cm ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 shallots
- 1/2 large red onion
- Fry the chicken until 3/4 cooked.
- Coarsely chopped material for grinding, use a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and saute onion until golden brown.
- Add ground ingredients and cook until oil breaks.
- Add chicken, oyster sauce, lemon grass and finally peas. Seasoned with salt and sugar to taste.
- Be sure to sauté ground ingredients until oil breaks to get fry sauce that is perfectly cooked and delicious.